What will happen on my first visit?
- Our examination process begins with a thorough overview of your medical, dental and social history.
- From there we will obtain photographs of your dentition for our records.
- A thorough examination of your oral cavity and periodontal status is completed.
- We will supplement X-rays from your dentist as needed for diagnosis.
- A comprehensive discussion regarding your needs and eventual treatment.
Please assist us at the time of your initial visit to the office by providing the following information:
A most recent list of medications.
If you are diabetic – a recent HbA1C % is necessary.
- If you have dental insurance, please bring any forms or insurance cards with you to the appointment.
Please Note: All patients under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation appointment.
Please notify the office if you have a medical condition or concern prior to surgery (e.g. artificial heart valves or joints, heart murmurs requiring pre-medication, severe diabetes, or hypertension).
We will complete an in-depth medical and dental health history and a thorough examination to measure for bone loss, loose teeth, bite, oral cancer screening, TMJ, and other signs of periodontal disease.